Sunday Morning Logistics
- What ages participate in Children’s Worship (Sunday School)? We serve families of newborns through 5th grade.
- When do you offer Children’s Worship? At our Overland Park congregation, children’s worship is available, nursery through 5th grade, during the 9am & 10:45am services. At our Mission congregation, the same great children’s worship is available at 10am.
- What type of safety measures are employed? We utilize Church Community Builder (CCB). CCB allows parents to keep all their information up to date and creates a new and unique security code each week for the family at check-in.
- How do I check my child into their room? Check-in stations are available at the Children’s Welcome Area. Greeters will be there to guide families through the check-in process.
- What happens in case of an emergency? We of course pray there will not be emergencies – but potty training, illness, and separation can make us need to reach parents from time to time. In these situations, we will come and personally find you in worship.
- How early can we drop off children prior to the service, and when do we pick up? We ask that parents drop off their children no earlier than ten minutes before the service in Overland Park; no earlier than twenty minutes before the service in Mission. We also encourage you to pick them up immediately following your service.
- What types of snacks do you serve? Due to the high number of kids with allergies, we limit our snacks to gluten free Chex cereal (for nursery age) and animal crackers (for toddlers). From time to time we do offer special snacks; in those scenarios, we will list the ingredients on the door with an allergy alert sign.
- When do you promote to new classes? We follow the school year calendar, promoting children the first weekend of June.
How can I be part of the Children’s Ministry team? We love getting new people involved in Family and Children’s Ministry! If you are interested in volunteering, you will need to complete an interview, background check, and training.