Worship Options Outlined
Easter greetings in Jesus’ name! I hope all is well with you and those you love.
Our passage this week for the 5th Sunday of Easter is John 15:1-8. There are seven ‘I Am’ statements in John’s Gospel. These are significant because, in using that phrase, Jesus claims the divine name – Exodus 3:14: God said to Moses, “I am who I am. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: ‘I am has sent me to you.’” In Hebrew, ‘I Am’ is the word Yahweh, the sacred name for God which faithful Jews would not even utter out loud. Last week we read about Jesus’ claim in John 10 – “I am the good shepherd.” This week we’ll look at “I am the vine.” I encourage you to read the passage before worship.
On another note, I’d like to explain our various worship options, as I know it can become confusing with all of the changes that have taken place lately. The options are as follows:
Christ Church Mission (inside The Mission Theatre)
- 9am & 10:30am – indoors, masks and distancing required
Christ Church Overland Park (at 91st and Nall)
- 8:15am – indoors, masks and distancing required with overflow in the Café
- 9:30am & 10:45am – outdoors (weather permitting), masks optional. If weather dictates moving indoors, service times will stay the same, but masks and distancing will be required with overflow in the Café.
- Beginning this Sunday, we will livestream the 8:15am Traditional service in Overland Park; if the contemporary services move indoors, we will also stream the 9:30am Contemporary service.
- Beginning on May 16, we will livestream the 10:30am service at Mission as well.
- These services can be watched live as they occur, or sometime later in the day. The video will remain active on our website until they are replaced the following week.
- For now, the links for these livestreams will be sent out via email on Friday and Sunday. Sometime in the near future, we will no longer send the Sunday email.
- To watch the OP Traditional service this Sunday, CLICK HERE.
Remember, this is a COVID schedule. As things continue to improve, we will make further adjustments. Thank you for your grace and flexibility. We are trying to do the most that we can with the resources available to us.
I look forward to our worship on Sunday. Keep your eyes on Jesus!