Student Life is a place for middle & high school students to connect with God, develop life-giving friendships, and grow as disciples. We aim to facilitate environments where young people come fully alive in God’s kingdom.
• Sunday Mornings – Middle School Only
Overland Park @ 10:45am
Mission @ 9:30am
Our middle school students gather on Sunday mornings at both congregations to build friendships with one another and study the Bible together. Sunday mornings are a great way to get started in Student Life.
In Overland Park we meet in the Student Life basement (located under the worship space at the east end); in Mission we meet in The Studio on Johnson Drive.
• Wednesday Nights – Middle & High School
Overland Park @ 6pm
Our Wednesday night gatherings are the backbone of Student Life, as they are the primary way of building friendships for the long-haul, growing through adult-led small groups, sharing meals, and celebrating life together.
We place a high value on discussion-based learning – engaging with the hard questions of life and faith.
Students from both congregations come together from 6 – 8pm and meet in the Student Life basement in Overland Park.
Trips & Events
We believe that extended time together in relationships is an essential part of our Christian development. Our trips and special events all serve to offer the opportunity for serving others, challenging our assumptions, and deepening our friendships.
Here are a few key dates you need to know for 2020 –
- Soul in the City – Kansas City (middle and high school) – June 21-26, 2020
- Mission Trip – Tegucigalpa, Honduras (high school only) – July 25-August 1, 2020
- Winter Retreat – Chillicothe, MO (high school only) – February 14-17, 2020
- Believe Youth Conference – Kansas City (middle school only) – March 27-28, 2020
- FOCUS All-Church Retreat – Youthfront in Edgerton, KS (middle and high school) – September 11-13, 2020